“He is one of the most recognised lawyers in Chile, with not only great knowledge, but also an innate ability to understand possible conflicts and propose creative and effective solutions”.
Chambers & Partners
Víctor Ríos Salas, founding partner of Molina Ríos Abogados, has developed his professional practice with special emphasis in the areas of engineering and construction projects as a litigator and expert advisor in contractual matters. His experience in this area exceeds 400 megaprojects of engineering and construction executed, both public and private, from the tendering phase to their construction and subsequent operation. These projects include gas pipelines, mining projects, aqueducts, reservoirs, power plants, road works, highways, railway works, metro works, airports, hospitals, industrial buildings and large-scale public works, through EPC and EPCM contracts, and concession contracts, among others.
- Member of the Roster of Arbitrators of the Arbitration and Mediation Center of the Santiago Chamber of Commerce (CAM), Chile.
- Director and founding partner of the Chilean Society of Construction Law.
- Chilean member of the Society of Construction Law, London (UK).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
NOMINATIONS AND APPOINTMENTS
- Legal advisor and director of the Infrastructure Policy Council (CPI).
- Member of the Executive Committee for Innovation and Infrastructure (MOP/CChC).
- Member of the Institutional Committee for Infrastructure, CPI.
- Vice President of the Equestrian Federation of Chile (FECH).
RECOGNITIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Recognized since 2010 to date, in “Band 1” of the “Projects” category of the prestigious international ranking prepared by the English publication, Chambers and Partners.
- Recognized as Lawyer of the Year 2019 in the “Construction” category by the prestigious American publication, Best Lawyers.
In addition, in these same practice areas, he has been highlighted by the publications, Legal 500, Who’s Who Legal and LACCA (Latin America Corporate Counsel Association).
- Author of the book “Construction Law,” 2016.
- Co-author of the book “Construction Law: Dogmatic and Practical Analysis.”
- Author of the Chilean chapter of the publication “Construction & Engineering Law,” coordinated by Ashurst LLP, London for Global Legal Group, 2014.
- Author of the Chilean chapter of the book “Projects and Construction Review,” Law Business Research, London, years 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Author of the Chilean chapter of “Construction and Projects,” Practical Law Company, London, 2011 and 2012.
- He is also the author of several articles for national and international books and journals related to engineering and construction.
- LLM, Master’s in Business Law (MBL), Adolfo Ibáñez University.
- Lawyer, Degree in Juridical and Social Sciences, Universidad Gabriela Mistral.
- Professor of Master of Contracting, Construction and Concessions, Universidad Santo Tomás.
- Distinguished Professor of Economic Law at Finis Terrae University (2005 – 2009).
- Lecturer and permanent professor of various courses and seminars on Construction. Law organized by the Chilean Chamber of
- Construction, Universidad de Los Andes, CDT, Idiem, Universidad Santo Tomás, and the Infrastructure Policy Council, among others.
Spanish and English.